Monday, March 31, 2014

Nicknames for . . . ?

     


      There are some sorts of people who might have the tendency of doing something weird . For me and the other two Lailas ; which are Mom & elder sis , we are really affectionate to naming our favorite objects (including animals but animals are obviously not an object & usually have names anyway) especially our cars . Well , for me it’s not just my car but I also named all of my favorite Kuma Kuma toy series that I collected since I was a kid , and I named my dolls , my mobile phones , laptops and anything that I thought ; “it would be very nice if they have a name” .


You see , most of the times I like to treat my beloved things as my pets ; a non-living one . Perhaps this kind of behavior comes from my mom . She has a very deep feeling to each one of her cars , and sometimes ; home and plants . She talks to her cars like they’re her cats and cries a lot when she have to sell one or trade in it with the other new car . It does sound funny , and it is super hilarious in reality but it’s one of the cutest facts about my mom .


I don’t know much about the first two cars Mom bought because I was too little to remember or even care about those pint-sized things . When I was in primary school , I met mom’s third car – I think; a pitch black Proton (I can’t really summon up if it’s Saga or any other Proton’s products but I do recall it was a box-like car) after she trade in her maroon Perodua Kancil – and she cried so hard like a heavy rain with thunderstorm as she had to leave the petite car . Mom called it ‘Hitam’ which means ‘black’ in Malay .


After I went to further my study in diploma , Mom made a surprise by showing her new car – when she came to give me a visit , a white Proton Saga which was quite famous throughout that year . It was more round-in-shape . Mom called it ‘Putih’ (white) , but then we decided to call it Shiro ; which also means white but in Japanese , and of course it is the name of Shin Chan’s puppy .


Shiro stayed with us for 3 or 4 years I think but then after a few unexpected occurrences ; Mom sold it to her sister and she brought home a dark green Honda City . It is a classic one but still in a good condition . Well not fully ; there are some problems we had to fix . For this ancient beauty , Mom decided to call it Adudu .


For your information , Adudu is a fictional character from the famous Malaysian cartoon ; Boboiboy . He is the main antagonist and he is green . Yes , you heard right . He is a green alien . I don’t know much about the character or the cartoon itself – as I’m not that interested to watch it anyway . . . but once again , Mom is weird and she loves the show . She watches the local animation together with my little cousins and sometimes by herself .


Mom’s already 48 years old this year . Despite how she looks and what age she’s getting into ; she will always acts like a funny innocent youngster . Her cheerful faces occasionally make us forget that she’s a cancer patient . Plus , her childish behavior did affects us ; her daughters . We became playful too but only when we’re with her and particular groups of people .


These behaviors of naming object , watching cartoons , talking to things, etc. ; they are a collection of good memories that Mom leaves for us to be remembered . It is undeniable that we grew up differently from some other kids but we have what they might not own . When I was a kid, I cursed myself for the dissimilarities of  my life compared to my friends . Now I can’t feel grateful enough. If The Almighty didn't write my whole story in this way ; I wouldn't be me . I would never see how a woman could be stronger than anyone’s expectation in a female race . Mom showed the magic tricks to me . God opened my eyes for me to see it clearly , in a method that only I could understand .




P/S: Happy belated birthday, Mom. 

1 comment:

  1. Nyanko sensei...sian dia tak masukkan nama dia dalam tulisan adik. Tulisan adik ini mengingatkan ibu akan peribahasa "the apple never falls far from the tree"...

    ReplyDelete