Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Legend of Agus Salim



I’m already a 4th semester (2nd year) student and for my bachelor degree I decided to change my path from a Fine Art graduate to a Graphic Design undergraduate . 


And there’s a time when I had to redesign an uninteresting aka dull-designed magazine or book ; turning it into an appropriately nice reading material . So I chose a book , and most of my friends chose to do magazine instead of books coz books are boring to them , I think . Well , you must know most Art students aren’t really bonding to reading stuffs .


I remade the cover and a few pages of the book just like everybody else and I picked a biography book of the late Agus Salim . A Malaysian writer and poet , the book was written by his beloved wife , Mahaya Yasin . The whole story is beautiful ; it is really unfortunate that the layouts didn’t work very well to attract readers .

Agus Salim

Mahaya is a friend of my mom and I just called her Aunty Mahaya ( Yeah, for the non-Malaysians ; we add “ie” or “y” to the “aunt” word ) . She was quite excited when I asked her to send in her husband’s photo to my Yahoo inbox . Mom was the most thrilled person as always besides other people . I have promised a few individuals that I would put the photos of my work in this blog for them to take a look at it but I didn’t do it for the last few months ! I’m so sorry and here it is  (+_=)/


Original

New design


 The Originals and New-Looks are side by side :







And For the final touch , here you are ; the installation based on the book that I chose :




Well then , thank you for spending your times viewing this post ~ ! Later  \ ( 0 _< ) /

2 comments: