Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dah-dee And His Version of Vacation




Just a few weeks ago my dad asked me to drive him to Westport; the spooky-looking place where he works. We went there together with mom to bring back my little Perodua Kancil that daddy borrowed from me a week before. It was quite strenuous to drive all the way from Seremban to Pulau Indah and drove back home to Seremban again. We did make a few pit stops – at Giant to have lunch and searching for Kenari (for my sis) at the second-hand car sales.


After that we went to the new Mydin outlet at Terminal 2 for some window shopping. But I already feeling exhausted and my feet had turn red by walking and the long-hours’ driving journey thus I didn’t really interested in looking for anything. Mom and daddy on the other hand were very excited touring around the mall; kept wondering how low are the prices of some goods like neck tie, clothes and health products. There’s something that caught my eye precisely; a beautiful set of cosmetic product. Unfortunately I doubted its unheard of brand and its weird packaging. Yeah, I’m truly cautious at choosing beauty products as my skin is in the sensitive category.


After the Mydin ‘trip’, we had our dinner at a Siamese restaurant. Then we got back home. And mom kept complaining about the short vacation we had that day. I do agree with mom as we’ve never been on a holiday together since . . . I don’t know. But as I could remember our last trip is during my semester break – freshmen year. We went fishing at Tasik Bera. Not accurately ‘we’. Mom kept making noises and read her books with seriously-looking face so that she could tell us how bored she is. The other vacations only involved me and my mom. And once in a while; my sis.


At my present age I’d certainly not really excited about going on a holiday as I have toured too much when I was a kid. Except if mom took me and my sis to a handbag or shoes sales; and I still felt delighted if my parents brought me to the Underwater World. I love fishes and turtles very much so every time I went there I was very grateful. The same goes to the zoo and animal museum. It makes me feel relaxing. Oh yeah, I also love Books Fair, so does mom. But not for daddy.


Daddy might be good at maths, science and art but he hates reading and hardly ever spells words correctly. Mom conversely really bad at maths, not into science stuffs, love art but can’t even draw a basic figure or do any art activities, love reading and very gifted at Bahasa. I’ve learned some basic Maths tricks from daddy when I was little and it helped me a lot these days. And also Art and technology talks we had together, it’s superb. We shared a lot of things although sometimes daddy wouldn’t understand it and I had to repeat myself. We do discuss about football, it doesn’t matter I’m a girl.


Well to me, having such sweet times with daddy is much better than going on a holiday. I’d never experienced these things with my real dad who rarely exists in my diary of life. Daddy also gave me something  that others hardly to offer that is; trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment