Wednesday, December 5, 2012

‘Early-Marriage’ again?!

The 12 years old bride



What ?! This topic for the 2nd time ?! Well, not to worry dear readers . It’s not like I’m going to tell you the same story twice . I just want to share with you concerning to the hottest issue nowadays ; I bet some of you already knew about . . . the 12 years old girl who was married to . . . hmm how old is the groom again ?


So , 12 years old . . . I have a little cousin who’s 12 . Yeah, I did say ‘little’ because she’s a little girl , a cute one but she’s more mature than any other school kids today . You would know what I meant if you have a chat with her . I could conclude that she’s like a 50 year old grandma trapped in a petite kid’s body . By looking at her , I wondered and still wondering how the hell someone at her age could get married happily – you should see the wedding photo , the girl was smiling like a whale .


As for me , when I was at that age I did have a love story ( Please don’t laugh , it’s true and I feel so damn embarrassed ) . But it’s not what you think it is . It’s just ; I had an admirer . He kept bugging me and told the others that he likes me . That’s just freaking stupid . We were 12 , man ! I didn’t expect this kinda thing’s coming . What I actually cared about at that time were only UPSR and playing . If you’re the same age as me , did you remembered the fun games such as cop tiang , teng teng  , polis sentri and doktor-doktor ( it’s actually a role-playing game , other kids usually play ‘emak-emak’ but we prefer this one ) . See ? 12 is the number of innocent children spending times on outdoor activities . What on earth has happened to the kids’ world ? The shocking news has ruined my childhood memories .


But then after I read more articles on the topic of the 12 year old marriage ; I came to understand a little bit . She caused a problem , what can I say more about these days major problem ; girls running away from home with boyfriends . Before this outrageous case, there was a school girl’s wedding on the news but she’s in between 14 to 15 as I remembered . Young teenage marriage is quite rare in Malaysia and some other countries . Of course , except for at the age of our grandmas’ before Merdeka .


For the kids out there , please enjoy your life as a kid . I do have a friend who’s having love affair with my senior when we were in primary school . As an ending , the boy left my friend crying on her school desk with broken heart . Me and the other kids were laughing at her secretly , yeah I know it’s mean but once again ; we were only a kid . And I tell you , nothing’s funnier than this love story . And nothing’s good came from it . 

No comments:

Post a Comment