Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Would You Like To Share?



Drinks , cakes , or ice-cream ; do you usually eat these foods together with your friends and family? I mean by sharing the same spoon and cup . I bet most of you did. But it goes different with me .


I’m the youngest in my family and I have only one sister ; which means when each of us wanted something, we would get it separately . We didn’t regularly share our drinks or foods except for snacks like chips . I was the worst ; I can’t even touch my ice-cream if someone all of a sudden took a bite from it .


As we both grew up , my sister had no problems doing the food sharing things but not for me . I was having a hard time just to get rid of my friends from constantly trying to ‘steal’ my foods and drink . Some of them already knew I couldn’t bear anyone take a sip from my drink or want to taste foods using my spoon . 50% would leave me alone and the rest were the evil . On purpose , they would suddenly drink my coke and ‘taste’ the ice-cream from my hand so that I would give it to them eternally , for free .


During Biology class in the year of 2008 , one of my classmates kept drinking from my other classmate’s bottle and after that she gave it to the next girl – I was in girls’ school . It’s like what they called ‘sharing is caring’. Then the Biology teacher , Mr Ravi made a gross look . He did agree with me that sharing drink is disgusting and the bacteria from our saliva will transfer from one to another person . He also added , (it’s just a joke , don’t take it personally) “If your friend has HIV you’ll be dead soon . For God’s sake go buy your own bottle of mineral water la”. My friend patted me on the back and said loudly , “She’s with you, Sir! She didn’t like to ‘share-share’ too!” followed by the laughs from the whole class .


When I entered campus life , I was a little worried . I was afraid if others thought I’m annoying or stingy . It is because at university , I didn’t get into the same one as my best friend was and I didn’t recognize anyone . And they didn’t know the strange side of me . So I tried to study a little bit about other people’s way of living .


However , nowadays I could use to this ‘share’ thing . Well not fully but at least I’m able to drink and eat from the same cup and spoon with my mom and a few people close to me . But still , I don’t truly recover from ‘sharing’ allergy . 

No comments:

Post a Comment