Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We Meet Again, Dear Bestie !


I once read a tweet sounded like this, “Psychology says if a friendship stays for more than 7 years it will lasts forever”. I don’t know if it’s true. I didn't manage to read any of the books related to it. However I have a friend who is very close to me and we have been friends since I was 8 years old. 

We met by chance when I was a new transfer student at her class. We also sat near to each other, making it easier for us to communicate although I was kind of a lone wolf back then. But she’s very talkative! She kept talking as if there is no final topic – in her accent. Yes, she has a truly strong Negeri Sembilan’s accent. I was raised among people with different accents so it is fine with me. Her family background is totally opposite with me. Our hobbies and interests are mostly poles apart but we do enjoy each other’s company by sharing them when we have the time.

Since we were kids, there are two kinds of places we love to go every time we are on holidays; library and book store. I know it sounds boring but it is fun for both of us. We could spend hours at those certain places. Another our-must-go-place is gifts shops. I don’t know why but we love exploring stuffs in random gift shops. I also love pet shop but it is not our day-out routine as when we were kids there are no pet shops near the library and book store we used to go.



When I come to realize it, we have been friends for almost 15 years (yeah, we are both 23 now). Even though we had our rough times, when we split up to different high schools, universities and maybe workplaces, we still spend our times together on one day off during holidays at least twice a year or more but not too often – as we have our own commitment for any other things.                  
        
We don’t own any new pictures of us together except for the one we took when we were in secondary school. We always have an awesome time and we chat all day long until we forgot to take any pictures. Well, we are not really the “selfie-craze” type of people anyway. We appreciate the moment instead of only capture the moment.


This is my story of a long-bonded friendship. How about yours? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment